Top 4 Infused Water Recipes
We challenged ourselves to a Hydration Challenge for the month of July. Finding out we had to drink more than 8 glasses of water each day (using this handy Hydration Calculator) meant we needed to get creative with our water.
So we figured out the best way to make sure we always had water with us and ensure we drank the right amount. As much as we love the refreshing taste of natural water, we craved a little flavour, too.
We've never really enjoy typical fruit waters you often see. But we explored a bunch of different Infused Water Variations and found some that we LOVE.
Below are the Top 4 Infused Water Recipes that we love!
1. SPICY WATER
- Thinly slice 2" ginger & add to 1Lt jar
- Add 1 tsp of ground turmeric (or grate fresh Turmeric if you have it)
- Squeeze 1 or 2 lemons into jar
- Fill with boiling water & let sit until cool
If it's too spicy for you, reduce the amount of ginger or lemon. Try adding a tablespoon of Honey or Maple Syrup if you want it a little sweeter.
I like to drink this cold. So after it cools, I place it in the fridge. It's highly concentrated so you can dilute with water as needed, too.
2. CUCUMBER & MINT WATER
- Thinly slice 1" cucumber & place in 1Lt jar
- Add 2 stalks of mint leaves (super easy to grow in your yard)
- Fill with fresh water & let sit for 1 hour
You can drink this at room temperature or cold. But it will last in the fridge for at least 5 days. So feel free to make 2Lt at a time to enjoy more of it!
3. CHIA WATER
- 1 Lt of water
- Add 2 tsp of Chia Seeds, stir & let sit for at least 10 minutes
- Juice from half a lemon
- 1 tsp of pure maple syrup
The chia seeds will swell and take on a gel-like consistency. But it's surprisingly easy to drink. You barely notice they are there. This drink is actually really tasty and so, so good for you.
Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. They also contain fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc among many other nutrients.
Lemons are full of vitamin C and antioxidants. So this water not only tastes great, but it's great for you!
4. MINT, RASPBERRY & LIME WATER
- 8 to 12 raspberries in a 1Lt jar
- Add 1 stalk of mint leaves
- Add the juice of 1 whole lime
- Add 1Lt of water, mix & let sit for at least one hour before enjoying
It's as simple as it sounds. It tastes better than just raspberries in your water with the added punch of lime & refreshing mint. This drink is also best when kept in the fridge and should last around 5 days.
You can watch this video or subscribe to our YouTube Channel here.
We loved all the health benefits from completing this Hydration Challenge. And everything it taught us about how we move through each day.
Here's what I learnt;
- Most of my headaches & bad moods come from dehydration
- Indulgent eating is often caused by not enough water consumption
- I love Infused Water!
- When I exercise, I need to drink additional water
- Being prepared keeps me on track
Here's what my daily water plan looks like;
- Fill my Copper Water Bottle (24oz) let sit overnight & consume before lunch
- The first thing in my body (after scraping my tongue & brushing my teeth) is a cup of hot lemon water (8oz)
- After breakfast have a cup of cold Infused Water (8oz)
- Fill 2 water bottles to take to the office with me (24oz & 16oz)
- Drink 1 - 2 cups of water after dinner (8oz-16oz)
How are you making sure you're drinking enough water every day?
We are half way through our One Year of Challenges and loving all the improvements these monthly commitment have made to our lives. Are you participating? How are you feeling? Let us know!