Falling Back in Love with Yoga
It’s back to school. You’ve been hearing about it for the last 2 weeks and whether you have school aged children or not, there’s definitely a shift happening. It’s end of summer and the beginning of fall. As the days shorten, the nights lengthen. As the air cools, the leaves change. As the care-free summer days end, we return to a routine.
If you’ve been missing your regular yoga practice during the summer – now is the perfect time to re-commit. Reconnect with your mat. Reconnect with your body. Reconnect with your mind. As you begin a regular yoga practice, you’ll be surprised at how much freedom you’ll feel. When we make time to connect with ourselves, we often end up feeling as if we have more time to spare.
So as summer winds down and a new season begins, I urge you to take to your mat. If you’ve maintained a regular practice this summer, perhaps you can adjust your focus during this seasonal shift to feel a sense of renewed appreciation for your mat and your practice?
Here are some helpful tips to get you back to your mat or change it up!
- Make a set time for your practice each day for the same length of time. You can set your alarm an extra 30 minutes early or skip a TV show in the evening for yoga.
- Close your eye during practice. Reconnect with how your body feels internally instead of always focusing externally
- When it’s time for savasana, try a supported Legs-Up-The-Wall instead with a bolster under you sacrum
- If you usually practice Sun Salutation A’s for your home practice – try B’s with added chair & warrior 1
- Get your own props! Bolsters, straps, meditation cushions, blocks and blankets are a wonderful addition to any home yoga space. And if you get beautiful props – you’ll always want to use them.
If you’re looking for Yoga Props to re-ignite your passion and your practice – We everything you need. Shop all our collections here.